Nachricht
Autor
Bob Downer
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

Pfaff 91 missing motor capacitors

#1 Beitrag von Bob Downer »

Good evening,

Apologies for my post in English, I hope you do not mind. I have discovered that my Pfaff 91 is missing the motor capacitor pack. I note from this forum a good number of posts on replacement of these capacitors but I would like to know if there will be any issue if I chose to not replace it. As the motor is running I assume it is not providing a phase shift function so i assume it is for RF and /or brush wear reduction?

If it is considered best to be installed then I will proceed accordingly.

Many thanks, Bob.

Memst
Nählichtwechsler
Nählichtwechsler

Re: Pfaff 91 missing motor capacitors

#2 Beitrag von Memst »

Bob Downer hat geschrieben: Dienstag 30. Juni 2020, 20:30 Good evening,

Apologies for my post in English, I hope you do not mind. I have discovered that my Pfaff 91 is missing the motor capacitor pack. I note from this forum a good number of posts on replacement of these capacitors but I would like to know if there will be any issue if I chose to not replace it. As the motor is running I assume it is not providing a phase shift function so i assume it is for RF and /or brush wear reduction?

Many thanks, Bob.
Hi, Bob.
The main characteristic of the engine is its type. Brushless? He does not need a capacitor.
If you are a collector motor? If through PWM, then the capacity is usually not set.
The game no longer has engines, and the installation of additional grand piano does not play ...
Sorry, my EN.

BR, Memst.
Überzeugungen sind gefährlichere Feinde der Wahrheit als Lügen.(C)

dieter kohl

#3 Beitrag von dieter kohl »

Bob Downer hat geschrieben: Dienstag 30. Juni 2020, 20:30 Good evening,

Many thanks, Bob.
heart -lich Bild im Forum

wir freuen uns auf einen regen Austausch mit dir

für Fragen zu deinen Maschinen bitte immer am besten gleich mit Fotos

Bilder bitte als Anhang hochladen
verlinktes verschwindet meistens nach kurzer Zeit und macht damit das Thema unbrauchbar

-------------------------------------------------------------
as I know the Series-90 and so on by heart
the motor will work also without capacitators
but because RF and brushes wear reduction (they will last longer)
it would be better to replace the capacitator
gruß dieter
der mechaniker

Bob Downer
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#4 Beitrag von Bob Downer »

Good morning Memst, Dieter,

Thank you both for your replies. As the machine is mostly a source of technical interest rather than to be used heavily for sewing I will not rush to replace the capacitors yet and will monitor brush length on occasion.

I am enjoying working on these beautiful machines and am hoping to have the two below joined by a 97 shortly.

Regards, Bob.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Antworten