Pfaff 230 or 260

Fragen zu Ersatzteilen und Bezugsquellen könnt Ihr hier posten.
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Brendon Hutton
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

Pfaff 230 or 260

#1 Beitrag von Brendon Hutton »

Hello Forum,

Sorry that I write this to you all in English as my written Deutsch is exceptionally bad.... sorry...

I have a Pfaff 260 that my mother has had for many years and I had this repaired and the motor replaced. This was replaced with a VGK WM-298D-9.
This has worked well for about 4-5 years and now gets VERY hot after 5 minutes of use. I need to have this replaced and seeing that this is simply an EXCELLENT ROBUST Pfaff, I would like to ask you experts here what you believe the BEST motor is for this sewing machine?

I would like to purchase only the best as this product is GERMAN quality and I would like to keep it that way.

Thank you for your help.
Brendon

dieter kohl

Re: Pfaff 230 or 260

#2 Beitrag von dieter kohl »

heart -lich Bild im Forum

wir freuen uns auf einen regen Austausch mit dir

für Fragen zu deinen Maschinen bitte immer ein neues Thema eröffnen,
am besten gleich mit fotos

Bilder bitte als Anhang hochladen
verlinktes verschwindet meistens nach kurzer Zeit und macht damit das Thema unbrauchbar

in your matter and opinion the best would be to get the original Motor, wich was mounted from the Bottom
unfortunable you will get no new one
used Motors Always are riskful in Funktion
gruß dieter
der mechaniker

GerdK

#3 Beitrag von GerdK »

Hi Brendon,
as Dieter wrote: The original motor was mounted at the bottom of the machine. It's a motor like this:
(Hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and click the link)
https://www.ebay.de/itm/183707560782
In that case you will need a driving belt suitable for that motor and the sewing machine.
Your motor VGK WM-298D is an "external" motor. To change the mechanic for use of an "internal" (bottom-mounted) motor is not so easy.

By the way: If you don't already have it, here you can download the technical handbook for the PFAFF 260:
http://www.mengeonline.net/Naehmaschine ... ung+DE.pdf

Best regards,
Gerd

Brendon Hutton
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#4 Beitrag von Brendon Hutton »

Hi Dieter, Hi Gerd,

Thanks so much for coming back to me with your feedback - I really do appreciate this!!
I totally agree - I would really like to get an original PFAFF motor for this unit - this would naturally be second hand...

The situation is a little more complex for me as this machine is currently in Sydney (my mother's sewing machine) and I need to get a replacement motor for her here...

She is using the 230 now and hence I have to go with a side "external" motor. I just want to ensure that I get something for her that is TOTALLY robust and any recommendation that you have for a high quality side "external" motor would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

@Gerd, thank you very much for the PDF link - perfect!

Kind Regards, Brendon

Basto
Nählichtwechsler
Nählichtwechsler

#5 Beitrag von Basto »

Hi Brendon,

The English version of the s ervice manual should be floating around on the internet as well.
(Be careful, some of the download sites look a bit dodgy...)
If you can't find it, you can drop me a PM with your email adress.

Happy Easter,

Bart
Pfaff 362 - Pfaff 1222e - Borletti 1100 - Elna SP

Antworten