Help w/ Patent Elastic -type machine (Kochs Adler 'Universal Elastic', maybe?): spulenkapsel etc...

Fragen und Antworten zu Nähmaschinen von Adler, Dürkopp und Dürkopp Adler.
Nachricht
Autor
CyberBadger
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

Help w/ Patent Elastic -type machine (Kochs Adler 'Universal Elastic', maybe?): spulenkapsel etc...

#1 Beitrag von CyberBadger »

Hello everyone (and please excuse that I write in English, I'm in Sweden)

I recently bought this machine to use for small leather projects. It seems very well-maintained, and was in use by an older gentleman until he passed away. I believe it may be a Kochs Adler 'Universal Elastic' but am unsure (at least 'Universal' is visible on the paint).

Unfortunately I'm worried I maybe paid too much as I cannot get it working properly. I thought that the machine was just incorrectly threaded, but now I'm wondering if the bobbin cases are wrong. None of them seem to move close enough on the left side to catch the thread. Included were 3 bobbin cases of 2 slightly different sizes (you can see the measurements written on the containter). The darker one is I think, original, and is slightly shorter than the other two. The smaller, shinier ones do not seem to sit properly in the shuttle. I do not know if they should normally have so much extra space.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake... (I don't have a car so I'm limited to what's available locally, I wanted something smaller that doesn't rely on electricity).

Thank you! beerchug
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

dieter kohl

Re: Help w/ Patent Elastic -type machine (Kochs Adler 'Universal Elastic', maybe?): spulenkapsel etc...

#2 Beitrag von dieter kohl »

heart -lich Bild im Forum

wir freuen uns auf einen regen Austausch mit dir

für Fragen zu deinen Maschinen bitte immer jeweils ein neues Thema eröffnen,
am besten gleich mit Fotos

Bilder bitte als Anhang hochladen
verlinktes verschwindet meistens nach kurzer Zeit und macht damit das Thema unbrauchbar
_________________________________________________________________________________________

everything is fine

please show us a Foto when the threaded Needle just ist passed by the Hook
gruß dieter
der mechaniker

CyberBadger
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

Re: Help w/ Patent Elastic -type machine (Kochs Adler 'Universal Elastic', maybe?): spulenkapsel etc...

#3 Beitrag von CyberBadger »

Thank you, please see attached :)

MfG
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Christoph
Einfädler
Einfädler

#4 Beitrag von Christoph »

High,
Your machine looks a little bit like mine:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7791
I have made you a small film, maybe it will help you:
https://vimeo.com/734793367
Christoph

CyberBadger
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#5 Beitrag von CyberBadger »

Christoph hat geschrieben: Freitag 29. Juli 2022, 19:56 High,
Your machine looks a little bit like mine:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7791
I have made you a small film, maybe it will help you:
https://vimeo.com/734793367
Christoph
Thank you Christoph! Yes, I think we have the same machine (or at least very similar).

Unfortunately I think that I will have to find another shuttle hook/bobbin case. It looks like everything is correct but the 'hook' part is too worn down from many years of use. It does not sit as close against the side when it turns.

Christoph
Einfädler
Einfädler

#6 Beitrag von Christoph »

High,
it may be you need a new shuttle, but first I would check to make sure everything else is correct.
Needle position:
If the mark on the needle bar is in line with the head plate,
NähmaschineDSCN8901.jpg
the needle eye should match the needle plate.
NähmaschineDSCN8902.jpg
The needle eye should not be exactly perpendicular, but point slightly in that direction.
NähmaschineDSCN8903.jpg
when the needle is all the way down, with the shuttle pivoted all the way back, the tip of the shuttle should be just behind the needle channel.
NähmaschineDSCN8891.jpg
The needle then lifts a little bit, the thread forms a loop and then the shuttle starts to move forward again, the tip of the shuttle catches the loop, the needle moves down slightly again and the loop is pulled around the shuttle. On my machine, nothing can be adjusted so easily at this timing. With increasing wear, the tip of the shuttle would not go back far enough until behind the needle channel. Since the tip of my shuttle was broken off, I had to rework it and now it fits again.
It's best to check thats all with material under the foot by turning it slowly, as I did in the video.
I hope you can understand my english, because i had only a few years of english in school, i had very bad notes in it and that was a long time ago.
Christoph

CyberBadger
Neu im Forum
Neu im Forum

#7 Beitrag von CyberBadger »

Christoph - THANK YOU very much! beerchug I'll check the other things, but with your advice and helpful video, I discovered that the previous owner probably had the incorrect needle size.

I lowered the needle by 5mm or so and it seems to work!! Now I feel a bit dumb... As I understand, the machine should take System 88 needles, so I have ordered some to try.

I do have one other question- do you know the purpose of this knob? I don't quite understand what it does...
IMG_20220723_131602333.jpg
Your English is quite good, (and I'm the same with writing in Swedish so I understand the feeling).

Thank you to everyone who replied!

ravemachine
Edelschrauber
Edelschrauber

#8 Beitrag von ravemachine »

Hallo,

das ist der Stichsteller.

Nein, doch nicht. siehe die nächste Antwort von Christoph

Viele Grüße
Paul
Zuletzt geändert von ravemachine am Montag 1. August 2022, 17:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Viele Grüße
Paul

Christoph
Einfädler
Einfädler

#9 Beitrag von Christoph »

High,
System 88 is the same needle I use.
NähmaschineDSCN8906.jpg
The length of the stitch is adjusted with screw 10.
With screw 13 you set how high the foot lifts according to the thickness of the material you have to sew.
Christoph

ravemachine
Edelschrauber
Edelschrauber

#10 Beitrag von ravemachine »

Danke Christoph,

hier die Google Übersetzung:

Only when you have to sew very thick fabrics that are more than 8-10 millimeters high does the foot have to be raised a little higher, which is caused by turning the screw 13 a little higher.

Viele Grüße
Paul
Viele Grüße
Paul

Antworten